The Informationzentrum IZ (Information Center)
The Informationszentrum (IZ) is a central institution of Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences. It is composed of the units IT-Anwendungen ITA (IT Applications) and IT-Systeme ITS (IT Systems) and offers high-quality services in all IT-related areas to HsKA staff and students.
Students of HsKA, once they have received their username and password, hereby can use HsKA computer facilities in several computer labs campus-wide, as well as their own email address.
In case of troubleshooting and FAQs, our IZ-Benutzerberatung (helpdesk) will be your first choice.
Mo - Fr 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Building LI room 133
Tel.: +49 721 925-2305
Fax.: +49 721 925-2301
IT services for students
The IZ has compiled information leaflets about the most commonly used services:
- Basic services: email, internet, data storage, access data, administrators, computer pools, plotter
- Services for students: eLearning platform, event management system, DreamSpark, online services, TANs, registration for examinations
- Services for experts: for users who use their own hardware
- University network: VPN, wireless use, ...
Fachbibliothek Hochschule Karlsruhe FBH (Academic Library)
The Fachbibliothek Hochschule Karlsruhe (FBH), which forms part of the library of the University of Karlsruhe KIT, provides HsKA students with technical literature.
Fachbibliothek Hochschule Karlsruhe
Tel.: (0721) 925-2866
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to bis 12 a.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
During the examination period: There will be extended opening hours on Sundays and public holidays by special announcement.
Reprographie (Printing Shop)
The Reprographie of HsKA produces different print media for HsKA members, especially lecture notes of the faculties, for sale to their students. Also, the Reprographie sells RRZN handbooks. For information about these books, see Uni Hannover
Services for students:
- Students can have copies made of their thesis work, project reports, or of books.
- Modern printers and copiers allow different bookbinding or punching techniques to put the copies together as a booklet.
- Grayscale or color print, single or duplex available.
- Spiral binding or softcover binding possible, including transparent cover and a coloured backsheet - different colours for choice.
- Low-priced and high-quality work.
- Printouts from all common data formats (preferrably pdf file, but also word, excel or powerpoint). Files can be handed in by email or on any storage medium (USB stick, CD ROM or DVD). If possible, combine several pdf files in one folder for quicker processing.
- Sale of the vouchers which are required to use digital plotters in the poolrooms to print out large-sized digital plots with a standard width of 92 cm and length of 1.25 up to 10 meters. For questions about the available plotters, please contact Mr Steffen Merlan.
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 12p.m., 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
At the start of lecture period: There will be extended opening hours on by special announcement.
Referat für Technik- und Wissenschaftsethik rtwe (Center for the Enhancement of Ethics in Science and Engineering)
The Referat für Technik- und Wissenschaftsethik, a central service institution for all universities of applied sciences in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, is located at Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences. The rtwe offers an extensive program for acquiring the necessary social and communicative skills. Courses range from classical personal ethics to the latest social theory. Students and teachers wanting to examine their chosen career from an ethical point of view can take advantage of various modules: from an anthropology of technology to the VDI code of ethics for engineers, from business and scientific ethics to the theory and practice of sustainable development as defined in Rio-Agenda 21.
The rtwe is located at Daimlerstraße 5b, room 223+224. Map (PDF)
Head of RTWE:
Prof. Dr. phil. Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Michael Wörz
Tel. (0721) 925-1760
Tel. (0721) 925-1762
Fax (0721) 925-1767
Dipl.-Verwaltungswirt (FH) Thorsten Gutsche
Tel. (0721) 925-1764
For further information, please see www.rtwe.de.