Health care

Medical Facilities

There is no sickbay on campus, only first-aid helpers. A current list of doctors and dentists is provided by the International Office in the exchange student Welcome Package; otherwise see us for this list or refer to the Yellow Pages. Always have the insurance card with you, in case of emergency, as it needs to be presented when you see a doctor. 

Illness, Accidents and Emergencies

Phone numbers in case of an emergency:

  • Fire brigade 112
  • Ambulance 19222 - when calling from a mobile phone, this number must be preceded by 0721 (or the local code of the town where the accident has happened)
  • Police 110

Calls to emergency numbers are free of charge and can be made from any phone. You should report the following when making an emergency call:

  • What happened?
  • Where did it happen?
  • Who is calling?
  • Is somebody injured?
  • Can somebody give first aid?

Doctors and pharmacies provide emergency services during the weekend / public holidays on a rota basis. See the newspaper for the addresses and dates, at “Ärztlicher Notdienst”.

Clinics have 24 hour emergency admittance.

Facilities for Special Needs Students

The library, student canteen and all buildings at HsKA except building R (Administration) and building P (Sensor Systems Technology) are equipped for physically challenged students.

The city of Karlsruhe is generally also well prepared for the needs of physically challenged students. Theatres and public buildings have easy access and trams with low entrance doors run within the public transport system (KVV).

For further information, please see the website of the Student Services.