Exchange students welcome!
Thank you for your interest in the degree program Communication and Media Management (Kommunikation und Medienmanagement, KMM). In the Master’s program, graduates with different academic backgrounds have the possibility to specialize in the fields of technical communication and information management.
As for the contents, the progam is targeted to deepening the aspects of linguistics and communication and media technology in technical communication and related fields. Additionally, KMM Master students will obtain skills enabling them to realize sophisticated conceptual tasks and to take over management positions in enterprises and organizations.
Even if you are not a KMM exchange student but accepted for an exchange program with any other degree program at HsKA, you may include one or several KMM courses as individual modules in your learning agreement. Please contact the exchange coordinator at your home institution to find out whether the courses will be accepted.
Professional activities and career prospects
KMM graduates accomplish various jobs with a broad scope of activities:
- Information management, i. e. gathering and organizing information and editing it for media representation
- Describing, visualizing, and designing/presenting complex facts
- Editing results from science and research for comprehensible representation
- Developing teaching and training materials for various media and media combinations, including e-learning and blended learning
- Language and translation management
- Analyzing, designing, and implementing processes in the field of information logistics
- IT-based organization and management of information assets
- Public relations
The scope of activities is varied, and so are the career prospects. The job market offers many opportunities for KMM graduates and the demand for qualified specialists keeps on growing.
The KMM Master’s curriculum enables you to acquire skills and knowledge in the following fields:
- Information development and management
- Design and visualization concepts
- Language and globalization management
- (Intercultural) communication and communication science
- Specialization in the fields of computer linguistics, text technology, syntax theory
- Conceptual and methodological knowledge on information achitectures
- Multimedia information processing
If you are interested in the KMM courses but you think your knowledge of the German language is not sufficient for participating, please do not hesitate to contact us. Even though most courses are taught in German, in project works of the core modules individual mentoring in English is possible. In the 'Downloads' section, you will find a list of suitable courses.
For detailed information on general administrative steps, please get in touch with the HsKA International Office.
The KMM exchange coordinators and professors will provide you with further information related to the courses of the degree program Communication and Media Management. In the 'Downloads' section, you will find a list of suitable courses for English-speaking exchange students and the contact data of the responsible professors.
International students who wish to acquire a degree at HsKA as full-time degree students are required to pass the regular admission process. As professional language usage is essential in technical communication, a near-native level of German is required for obtaining a KMM degree. For further information and to download the admission regulations, please refer to the German website.
Fakultät für Informationsmanagement und Medien
Sekretariat Studiengang Kommunikation und Medienmanagement
Mo.: 13:30–15:30 Uhr
Di.: 9:00–11:00 Uhr und 13:00–14:00 Uhr
Mi.: 9:00–11:00 Uhr
Do.: 9:00–11:00 Uhr