Mechanical engineering and mechatronics are traditionally part of Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences. The Mechanical Engineering Faculty was founded as soon as 1883, and mechatronics - also known as "precision engineering" - was introduced in 1957. In 1993, the degree program Automotive Engineering started.
Currently there are about 1,700 students at the Faculty MMT attending the
bachelor's programs in:
and the master's programs in:
- Automotive Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic and Micro-mechatronic Systems
At present, 43 professors and more than 50 employees work at the Faculty MMT.
Several state-of-the-art laboratories and other facilities are at the students' disposal to ensure top-quality study and research activities.