Information Center of Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences
The Information Center (in German: "Informationszentrum", IZ) is a central service institution of Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences dealing with all aspects of provisioning and processing of information technology, digital communication and use of new media.
It is composed of the units IT-Applications (ITA) and IT-Systems (ITS).
- Organization and Coordination of Information Processing
- Development, Operation and Maintenance of IT processes for student lifecycle (Campus Management)
- Development and Introduction of new IT based processes
- Consultancy, Support and Training of users belonging to the university administration
- Joined work with the "Koordinierungsstelle Verwaltungsautomation der Fachhochschulen des Landes Baden-Württemberg".
- Design and Operating of central Servers, like communication infrastructure, database clusters, backup servers, compute clusters providing services like eMail, file transfer, remote login, distributed computing, centralized backup-and-recovery, software distribution, a.s.o.
- Plannung and Operation of the University Network (Network Management)
- Evaluation and Introduction of innovative Services (Programs, Devices)
- Coordination of Purchasing, Maintenance of Contracts (i.e. Campus Licenses)
- Consultancy and Training of Users for provided Service
- Maintenance of the Campus Information Systems