The admission procedure starts when the deadline is closed. Generally, the acceptance letters for bachelor's programs will be sent 2-3 days afterwards. Once the study places are full, further candidates are placed on the waiting list and receive an acceptance letter when another students rejects his/her study place. Rejected applicants may either keep their application active for the following semester, or request their application documents back.
The acceptance or rejection letters for master's programs are usually sent about 1 week after the application deadline.
You can check the status of your application at Online-Service.
Benutzerkennung (user name) = your application number
Passwort (pass word) = you have chosen this yourself during the online application procedure.
Available study places
In order to best serve our students, program size is limited. For the bachelor's programs, the university reserves 5% of study places for applicants with claims of hardship; 8% of places are reserved for non-EU applicants; 2% of places are reserved for applicants who have a previous degree. The remaining places are allocated as follows: 90% according to applicant’s ranking position, 10% according to wait list.
The applicant’s ranking position is determined by weighing different criteria such as university entrance qualification score, other school grades, previous job qualifications, and job experience. For details, please see the respective Zulassungssatzung (regulations) for each degree program at Downloads (German-language).
Main criteria for Master’s programs: previous field of study, final grades from first degree. Applicants are ranked according to eligibility, as the study places are limited. The final average of the bachelor's degree must be handed in until start of lectures at the latest.
Registering as a student
Students of the German-language bachelor's and master's programs: Upon receipt of the acceptance letter, you will be asked to see the website on Immatrikulation (German-language only). Here they will get further information about the next steps to be taken, as well as the necessary forms to download and fill out.
Students of the English-language programs Geomatics, Sensor Systems Technology, and Tricontinental Master in Global Studies will get further information by the International Office or Faculty and please take the following steps.
In case of doubt please ask the Student Registry Officer listed on the acceptance letter as your contact person.
- Please fill in the registration form and submit it at the Student Registry.
- Non-EU students: please fill in the tuition fee information form and submit along with the registration form
- Get information about IT services for new students
- Important general information
- Overview of the semester dates: academic calendar
- You wish to take preparatory or additional language courses? See the pages of the Foreign Language Institute for details
- You need further information about meals, student accommodation, small student jobs, social counselling, cultural attractions, and suggestions for international students? Get more information on the website of the Student Services
- Information about health insurance for international students, by AOK insurance