The language of instruction at Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences is German in most cases. However, in the following you will find the degree programs which are taught in English, or which feature other special international aspects, e.g. double degrees.
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology: esi bachelor
You want to study the bachelor's program in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at HsKA, but your German language proficiency is currently at B1 level? The "Erfolgreich starten international" program helps you here: The first semester under the esi program is extended into two semesters (1a and 1b), during which you study modules held in German and English. This gives you time to take advantage of the free, tailor-made German language courses that are part of the curriculum. More
M.Sc. in Sensor Systems Technology
The Master's degree program in Sensor Systems Technology is designed especially for international students and held in English. For details, please see the STM pages.
M.Sc. in Geomatics
This Master's degree program is held predominantly in the English language, for details please see the GM pages.
M.Sc. in Global Studies (Tricontinental)
The Tricontinental Master in Global Studiesdegree program is an interdisciplinary, practice-and internationally-oriented, consecutive degree program, the first semester taking place in Karlsruhe, the second in Taichung/Taiwan and the third in Monterrey/México. The master’s thesis is written in the fourth semester, preferably in cooperation with an international company or organisation. Business, economic, legal, cultural and political aspects combined with extensive methodical knowledge are imparted to the students. All lectures are held in English.
International double degree programs
Some of the HsKA bachelor's and master's programs offer the option for students to spend some time at an international partner university and acquire not only the HsKA degree but also the degree of the partner university.
You can join the following double degree programs at HsKA:
Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering:
Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering): Double degree program at master's level in cooperation with Ryerson Univerrsity in Toronto/Canada, based on the regular civil engineering master's program. More (in German language)
- Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering): Tri-national bachelor's degree program and master's degree program, in cooperation with Université de Strasbourg, France and Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz in Basel, Switzerland.
Faculty of Computer Science and Business Information Systems:
Faculty of Computer Science and Business Information Systems
- Wirtschaftsinformatik (Business Information Systems): double bachelor's degree
In cooperation with Universitatea de Vest din Timisoara/Romania
- Wirtschaftsinformatik (Business Information Systems): double master's degree
In cooperation with Université Claude Bernhard Lyon I/France
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology:
- Sensor Systems Technology: double master's program
In cooperation with VIT University, India
- Elektro- und Informationstechnik (Electrical Engineering and Information Technology): double master's program
In cooperation with Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
- Elektro- und Informationstechnik (Electrical Engineering and Information Technology): double master's degree
In cooperation with INSA de Strasbourg/France
- Elektro- und Informationstechnik (Electrical Engineering and Information Technology): double bachelor's degree
In cooperation with INSA de Strasbourg/France
Faculty of Information Management and Media:
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics:
- Mechatronics: ERASMUS Mundus double master's program
In cooperation with Universidad de Oviedo/Gijon, Spain and ENSMM Besançon, France
as well as Ivanovo State Power Engineering University, Russia, and Nile University, Egypt
- Mechatronics/Automotive Engineering: double bachelor's program at UMP, Malaysia. For details, see the Faculty's German-language pages
- Maschinenbau/Mechatronik/Fahrzeugtechnologie (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive Engineering): double master's program
In cooperation with ENSMM in Besançon, France.
For details, see the Faculty's German-language webpages
Faculty of Management Science and Engineering:
- Tricontinental Master in Global Studies (English as language of instruction) in cooperation with Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico, and National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan. See faculty page for details
- Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen (Business Administration and Engineering): double bachelor's program with Universidad Nacional del Litoral UNL, Argentina. See faculty pages for details (in German language only)
- Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen (Business Administration and Engineering): double degree program with EPF in Sceaux near Paris, France offered by the Deutsch-Französischen Hochschule (DFH). See faculty pages for details (in German language only)