The language of instruction at Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences is German in most cases. However, in the following you will find the degree programs which are taught in English, or which feature other special international aspects, e.g. double degrees.
M.Sc. in Sensor Systems Technology
The Master's degree program in Sensor Systems Technology is designed especially for international students and held in English. For details, please see the STM pages.
M.Sc. in Geomatics
This Master's degree program is held predominantly in the English language, for details please see the GM pages.
M.Sc. in Global Studies (Tricontinental)
The Tricontinental Master in Global Studiesdegree program is an interdisciplinary, practice-and internationally-oriented, consecutive degree program, the first semester taking place in Karlsruhe, the second in Taichung/Taiwan and the third in Monterrey/México. The master’s thesis is written in the fourth semester, preferably in cooperation with an international company or organisation. Business, economic, legal, cultural and political aspects combined with extensive methodical knowledge are imparted to the students. All lectures are held in English.
International double degree programs
Some of the HsKA bachelor's and master's programs offer the option for students to spend some time at an international partner university and acquire not only the HsKA degree but also the degree of the partner university.
You can join the following double degree programs at HsKA:
Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering): Tri-national bachelor's degree program and master's degree program, in cooperation with Université de Strasbourg, France and Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz in Basel, Switzerland.
- Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering): Double degree program at master's level in cooperation with Ryerson Univerrsity in Toronto/Canada, based on the regular civil engineering master's program. More
Faculty of Computer Science and Business Information Systems
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology:
- Sensor Systems Technology: double master's program
In cooperation with VIT University, India
- Elektrotechnik (Electrical Engineering): double master's program
In cooperation with Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
- Elektrotechnik (Electrical Engineering): double master's degree
In cooperation with INSA de Strasbourg/France
Faculty of Information Management and Media:
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics:
- Mechatronics: ERASMUS Mundus double master's program
In cooperation with Universidad de Oviedo/Gijon, Spain and ENSMM Besançon, France
as well as Ivanovo State Power Engineering University, Russia, and Nile University, Egypt
- Maschinenbau/Mechatronik/Fahrzeugtechnologie (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive Engineering): double master's program
In cooperation with ENSMM in Besançon, France.
For details, see the Faculty's German-language webpages