Friends and partners all over the world
Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences cultivates partnerships with more than 150 universities worldwide to foster international cooperation.
These various contacts allow an increasing number of HsKA students to study abroad for one semester or to write their final thesis abroad. This is possible within the framework of bilateral student exchange agreements. Many students also choose to complete their practical semester abroad.
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System
In recognition of the exemplary implementation of the “European Credit
Transfer and Accumulation System” for student mobility within Europe,
Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences was the first university to be
awarded the ECTS label of the European Commission in 2009. The label was then renewed in 2013.
The many integrated international study programs are a feature
of Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences that does not only allow
its students to acquire a German bachelor or master degree, but also a degree of one, or even two, universities abroad.
Examples of these study programs are:
- Civil Engineering tri-national (University of Applied Sciences Northwest Switzerland; Université de Strasbourg, France)
- Electrical Engineering (Ryerson University, Canada)
- Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics (ENSMM de Besançon, France)
- Geomatics (Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain)
- Tricontinental Master in Global Studies (Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico; National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan)
- Sensor Systems Technology (VIT University, India)
Accommodation for guests from abroad
Exchange students and guest lecturers from abroad can stay at the
Europahaus (students’ hostel) and the Gastdozentenhaus (house for guest lecturers) on the campus.
For further information, please see the pages of the International Office.