Exchange students are international students who attend Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences for part of their studies, but who do not complete their studies/degree here in Germany. The duration of their stay is normally for a maximum period of one year. Your institutional and departmental coordinators will check your application to see if a study semester abroad is suitable for you.
Basic information at a glance: HsKA factsheet
- You must be registered as a student at a partner university. Free Movers within Europe can be accepted upon individual evaluation only.
- As most lectures are taught in German at present, sufficient language skills are an important prerequisite.
- At least 2 completed semesters of university studies at home university.
- Filled-in and signed application form. Please use online application, because forms filled in by hand will not be accepted.
- Valid learning agreement
- Current transcript of records from your home university
- If you apply for a thesis: attach a short description of the topic area
- Copy of passport