Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences is engaged in a wide range of cooperative activities with partners all over the world, ranging from international student and/or faculty mobility projects, including several double-degree programs, to high-level research cooperation involving partners across Europe and overseas.
The central point of contact at HsKA for international partners is the university’s International Office, which will be happy to consider suggestions for collaborative projects from existing or potential partner institutions and to identify possible HsKA contacts at faculty level.
Recently, the IO took part in a visit organized by Baden-Württemberg International to foster relationships with US universities in the field of engineering. The press release by the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH), one of the hosts, is available here.
Current international cooperation activities include
- Elective module "International Business Strategies" offered by the Faculty of Management Science and Engineering together with the Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Finland. For details, see the Faculty webpages (in German language only) or the Laurea press release
- Australian-German Study Centre for Optofluidics and Nanophotonics (SCON) with RMIT University in Melbourne (Australia) more
- International HAWtech Summer School on Automotive Engineering, for students and with faculty from partner institutions more
- German-Malaysian dual-award programs in Mechatronics and Automotive Engineering at Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), supported by Mercedes-Benz Malaysia UMP press release
- "ProKaTim", a program developed with the Polytechnic University of Timisoara, with German and Romanian undergraduates working together on signal processing projects press release
- Multinational eLearning research project INTUITEL ("Intelligent Tutoring Interface for Technology Enhanced Learning") with an interdisciplinary team of twelve partner institutions in Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria and Spain press release
- Karlsruhe water supply companies and research institutions, including HsKA, and the University of Surrey (UK) have established an international teaching and research network in the field of water treatment and purification press release
- Swedish-German student exchange and research program on Service-Oriented Computing with Linnæus University in Växjo/Kalmar more
- Trinational degree in Civil Engineering, taught in cooperation with the University of Strasbourg (France) and the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW) in Muttenz (Basel), where students study for one year at each participating institution to acquire three degrees – the French “Licence Professionelle”, the Swiss “Diplomingenieur (FH)", and the German Bachelor’s degree more (German only)
- Tri-national alliance "TriRhena Tech" by technical universities of Southern Upper Rhine region with ties to industry and research more