For further information please scroll down.
The advantages for you:
The esi program makes it possible for you to begin studying Electrical Engineering and Information Technology with a minimum of B1 German. The first semester is extended into two semesters (1a and 1b) with tuition in German. This gives you time to take advantage of the free, tailor-made German language courses that are part of the curriculum. The Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) is a four-year degree program, for EU nationals tuition is free.
The esi-Team can advise you regarding any questions you may have about university life and about settling into Karlsruhe.
Your German engineering degree:
- The internship in industry is a compulsory part of the degree. Through this experience, you will establish important ties with German companies ensuring an excellent start to your career, with the prospect of earning a competitive salary.
- Many of the companies in Baden-Württemberg – also known as ‘hidden champions’ – are active in the global market. The internship semester also provides you with an opportunity to earn an income while studying. Furthermore, your thesis topic and placement are an opportunity to strengthen your ties with potential future employers.
Choose your area of specialization:
The first two years are the same for all EIT students. Thereafter you can choose between six different fields of specialization: Industrial Automation, Electromobility and Autonomous Systems, Power Engineering and Renewable Energy, Information Technology, Sensor Technology and environmental Instrumentation.
Do you have questions? We would be happy to hear from you – call us or send a mail.
For more information about the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology click here.
Apply now to study Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Two steps to application, deadline 12 October 2019
Step 1: Register for the program esi (erfolgreich starten international)
Please fill out the web form.
Step 2: Submit your application documents for the lottery application.
Click here and print out the application form, fill it in and hand in all necessary documents to the Student Department (Building R) as soon as possible.
Information on eligibility - You went to school outside the EU?
You do not have a German university entrance qualification (HZB)?
Please send your school report and, if available, the results of a university entrance examination to the following address:
Hochschule Karlsruhe - Technik und Wirtschaft
We will check whether this corresponds to a German higher education entrance qualification.
There are three possibilities:
1. Your school leaving certificate corresponds to the German HZB. You will receive the so-called ASK certificate, which certifies this equivalence and gives the converted grade.
2. Your school leaving certificate does not correspond to the German HZB, but you have already successfully studied a few semesters in a related course in your home country. These semesters are credited. You will receive the ASK certificate, which certifies this equivalent and gives the converted grade.
3. Your school leaving certificate does not correspond to the German HZB. You can apply to the Studienkolleg at the University of Konstanz to do a preparatory year in the T-course (for technical courses). The T-course also includes German language lessons. In order to get a place in the T-course, you need B1 German language skills. If you pass the Feststellungsprüfung at the end of the preparatory year, you are entitled to enter higher education for all technical degree programmes.
The esi-Team is here to help.
When you arrive in Karlsruhe we have information about places to live, finding a job and settling into Karsruhe.
We also assist you with information and advice while you are studying for your degree.For example with information about learning centres (e.g.: for electrical engineering, mathematics, digital technology and German as a foreign language). Meeting students from higher semesters is a good way to find our more about your courses and what to expect. When it comes to finding a placement for your internship or arranging a topic and company for your bachelor thesis we can provide support and advice, and assist you to contact excellent companies in Baden-Württemberg.
Picture credits: PeopleImages Stock-Fotografie-ID: 86421284; dima_sidelnikov Stock-Fotografie-ID: 523478706; exdez Stock-Illustration-ID: 509366334
Project «Erfolgreich starten international» (esi)
Ms Beate Koura
Phone +49 (0)721 925-2981
Office hours: Friday 1-2 p.m.
Building F, Room 307
Ms Katrin Brodowski
Phone +49 (0)721 925-2983