The first two semesters provide basic courses that refresh previous knowledge and provide the foundations regarding transportation.
The third and fourth semesters provide an in-depth knowledge of different transport subjects. Emphasis is given to, for example, expanding knowledge on transport modelling and software development, and preparing students for the future practical semester.
The fifth semester is the internship semester. Here, new skills are learned and applied independently. This internship may be carried out at one of our cooperation partners or other companies. Students are intensively supervised, with a focus on independent work for the development of intelligent solutions for their different tasks. At this point, students’ specialization choice is also conceptualized.
In the sixth and seventh semester, students may consolidate their area of expertise. The study ends with a bachelor thesis within the seventh semester.
The bachelor thesis may be carried out with one of the cooperation partners or with other industry partner. Students are now capable of solving many different interdisciplinary and complex tasks independently and innovatively. Afterwards, the students will be awarded the academic degree “Bachelor of Sciences (B.Sc.)”. With this high-level professional degree, students have the option to begin a master’s degree, like one of the programs offered in the Hochschule Karlsruhe.
1. Semester: Mobility foundations, traffic planning foundations, transport economics, Informatics foundations, Mathematics I.
2. Semester: Transport infrastructure project, transport and environment, programming, GIS foundations, Mathematics II.
3. Semester: Data analysis and statistics in transport, public transport systems, operations research, mobile software, transport modelling, scientific research and projects.
4. Semester: Transport technologies, planning laws and participation, transport demand analysis, software development, microscopic simulation, project management and project design.
5. Semester: Practical semester (internship)
6. Semester: Compulsory elective subject, specialization module I, specialization module II, specialization project
7. Soft skills, language and rhetoric, bachelor thesis
Specialization subjects in the 6th and 7th semester by thematic areas:
Transport planning: sustainable mobility, transport safety, transport planning
Transport ecology: sustainable mobility, transport operations, transport ecology
Transport and logistics: logistics and transport management, transport operations, decision support systems for transport companies
Digital transport systems: dynamic information systems, intelligent traffic systems, ubiquitous mobility systems
Specialization Projects: transport planning, transport ecology, decision support systems for transport companies, ubiquitous transport systems