Hygiene and health regulations
The following rules apply when attending university:
- Every person is obliged to wear a face mask in the circulation areas and, as of 19th October, 2020, also at the seat.
- Persons who were abroad in a risk area within the last 14 days, or who were in contact with a person proven to be corona infected, or who show the typical symptoms, are not allowed to enter the university buildings. As of Saturday 17th October, 2020, persons who live in the BW border areas are exempt from the mandatory quarantine in case of short stays, i.e. less than 24 hours. This also applies to commuters and students who enter for inevitable work reasons (Grand Est, Alsace). For further information, please see the ministry pages (in German language only).
- Keep the minimum distance of 1.5 meters.
- Keep to your right side when walking through doors and corridors.
- Use the elevators one person at a time.
- Disinfect your hands when entering.
- Students are required to scan the QR code provided at a lecture room to enable contact tracing, employees and professors are required to record down in their calendars the participants at meetings.
For details about the correct use of masks, please see the DGUV press release.